Jam Pot Textiles

Jam Pot Textiles

Sunday, July 24, 2011

War, peace and the end of term.

So it was the end of another school year on Friday, and I managed to finish the necklace for Fred's teacher,hope she likes it!!!











I have finally decided what size my canvas work will be, so I have cut the canvas, and started to mount it on to the frame. When I first thought of this project I imagined using my tiny 12 inch slate frame.(as seen in my January 2011 post ) But the project has grown a little and I'm now using the 18 inch frame, slate frames are by far the best frame for any embroidery.






I made a start, but ran out of time to finish so will show that stage later in the week I hope! ;-0. Pin and sew from the centre.












You have to sew into different rows on the canvas to avoid it splitting when it's pulled tight.





Split pins in place, but not pulled tight at this stage.





Wrapper pinned in place to keep work clean. More later I hope.

It's been a fun week here, we live near The Hop Farm, where every year they have the worlds largest war and peace show, with people coming from all over the world, many with their military bikes, cars lorries and tanks. So we go from being a quite town to a hive of activity. They drive in to town, to shop, which means the high street looks like this,





And this is not an unusual sight at Waitrose. We love it, but it does get a little muddy.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad 2

1 comment:

Elizabeth Braun said...

The teacher will be mad if she *doesn't* like it! That necklace is gorgeous! Well done.=)