Jam Pot Textiles

Jam Pot Textiles

Monday, November 28, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like...................

I think any chance of any canvas work being done before Christmas has been swept away. I downloaded Making magazine the other day, and it's full of lovely ideas. It was the Lino printing that caught my eye something that I've always wanted to do, so the materials were purchased and after a lot of practice ( and a lot is needed) I've made all my Christmas cards.

So all this card making starts you thinking about other christmas thing that could be made.

The book 60 crocheted snowflakes popped up in my recommended books on Amazon the other day, and I was very tempted, so tempted if fact that I bought it!! While waiting for that to arrive I tried out Attic 24 snowflake its a good starting point. I've tried one snowflake from the book, that looks great ( once I had worked out the instructions were American crochet not English)

There has also been Pom Pom making too, as I want to make a Pom Pom garland, it's also a great way of using up left over yarn!!!!

I've made this tea cosy too, the pattern comes from JustJen-knits my teapot is a nine cup (they must be very small cups) but its tall rather then fat, so I used the 4 cup pattern, and made it a little taller.
Must be off as I've got snowflakes to starch, and I've found a crocheted holly leaf pattern I might try!!! Bye

No comments: