Jam Pot Textiles

Jam Pot Textiles

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Busy with other things again!

It was half term for us last week, and we where lucky enough to get away for a long weekend. We went to Norfolk again, but this time stayed in Wells-Next-the-Sea.

We had famous people day in the first week back at school, and Fred went as Douglas Bader.
Douglas Bader
This was a great idea as we had the fight suit already, but it was covered in Vulcan patches, so we had to make two new ones, one has Bader's signature on, worked in stem stitch, and one has his initials worked in satin stitch.

My holiday project this time was this wonderful leather satchel, I had notice a advert for them in Mollie Makes magazine and when I found out they where going to the Knitting and Stitching show I could not wait to have a look. The special thing about this bag is that you make it your self! Yes that right it's a kit. The leather is all cut out for you, with the holes pre- punched as well, all you have to do it sew it together.
Simple way, follow link to sew your own

I'm also having some fun with some wooden beads, the thought is that I could make some earrings with them. At the moment I'm trying covering with beads, but would also like to try covering with a needle lace stitch, the same way that you make apples in stump work.
We will see!

No comments: