Jam Pot Textiles

Jam Pot Textiles

Monday, October 3, 2011

Distractions

Just how warm has it been in the UK this week? What a treat to have our summer extended for just a little longer. We even managed a BBQ this weekend, 1st of October and we had a BBQ!!!!


Not a lot of canvas work done this week, the next petal to work has some lovely shading and shapes in it and I'm worried about getting it right! I've spent a lot of time just looking at the picture and not stitching.


I have had a lot of distractions arrive on my doorstep this week, the 3 magazines that I subscribe to all arrive around the same time! Mollie Makes is the first to land. A lovely colourful picture heavy magazine filled with making and ideas, although I wish there was a little more making and a little less 'here's my lovely home,and arty pictures of old tutt' and I really don't understand the felt animals they have every week!!!


The magazine that stood out the week is Simply Knitting, it's had a bit of a revamp, and looks great, really well arranged, bright and colourful, with a handy quick guide at the top of each new pattern so you can see straight away what yarn, needles and stitch type you need to complete the project.
We loved this 'Mrs Claus' as soon as we saw it. Being determined to use some of my stash of yarn I started knitting the same day the magazine arrived!





Different colours as you see, but the best the stash could provide, the colour of the top is dark maroon ( it does not show very well in the photo) what do you think?

Jenny



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad 2

No comments: